From:
Lorie Whitworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 08:47:06 -0400
Hello, I am nem to FML.  I have been following the list for a little while
now.  I inherited 3 little friends from my son, David who was 15 when he
died Dec.  18 1995.  David had Jim and Molly for 3yrs and both 3yrs old and
Smokey-alias Smokester 5yrs old was rescued Sept.  1995.  His previous
owners left Smokey when they moved.  Near starving, Smokey now waddles
around the house very happy.  My son loved these little guys I have fallen
in love with them myself.  David had CF{cystic fibrosis} and while in the
hospital for a regular visit, David contracted a virus not related to CF and
died 10 days later.  I am left now with his friends.  I have a problem with
these guys and I'm open for suggestions.  Jim,Molly and Smokey groom each
other QUITE a BIT{I don't know if this is common or not}.  So much so that
Jim has places{his manhood included} have become sore and raw from all the
cleaning.  The Vet suggested separating him, which I did but he isn't very
happy.  They have a very large cage we made that all 3 shared.  Jim is now
in a smaller one that is placed right next to it.  I have recently changed
Vets{the old one didn't seem to know what he was doing}.  I like this new
Vet, but I would like to keep everyone together.  Jim has had an extensive
lab workup, everything OK except his white count a little low.  The Vet is
thinking a virus.  Smokey is also having some teeth removed.  I have had a
lot,lot of people in and out of my house since Dec.  I know Jim, Molly and
Smokey miss David, his room is their favorite.  I welcome any suggestions.

Thankyou, Lorie Whitworth.