From:
"Serena R. Cissell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:07:36 -0600
I'd like to see some discussion on this topic.  I really, really, really
want to feed my sweeties raw food, but as soon as I switched to feeding
twice a day (before I even switched the food) one of my ferrets got sick!
Any thoughts from people who have switched from free feeding to twice a
day?  I know that no dry food is going to have the nutritional value of
raw, or cooked fresh food.

Any of the vets out there who could enlighten us about how the ferret
digestive system is different from ours, or a cat's?  How about the way
their wild cousins eat?  Do they eat more than once or twice a day?  I
always thought that if you stick as close as you can to nature that your
pets will benefit.

I want to be armed with as much information as I can before I just give up
on feeding my fuzzbutts higher quality food.

SR

--
Serena Renee Cissell
faded skies~*~www.visi.com/~starla/