From:
Charleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 09:31:15 -0700
Hi Everyone,

Just want to let the ferret community know that because of the death of
my husband, I have had to put all my 20 ferrets into the shelters in
the area.  It was a very difficult decision to make but because of the
circumstances, I felt it was better to let go of them while some of them
still have a chance to find a new homes and get medical care that I have
not been able to provide since my husband 2nd back surgery and now his
death.  I still don't know what was the actually cause of his death since
he died in his sleep, but I feel his body was just tired of fighting the
terrible pain he was going through and no pain killers could help him.
His body was just shutting down, but because he died at home, his body
had to be taken to a Hospital where they did a autopsy on it and now sent
the toxicology reports to Olypmia, Washington where it could take up to 8
weeks to actually find out what was the cause of his death.

So if anyone wants to help the ferrets in the following shelters it would
be very much appreciated by me and also by the shelter moms:

Ferret City (Mt. Vernon, Wa.)
Kim and Reggie Klatt (Web site:  fbr-gang.us  (they are a hospice for
ageing, sick ferrets.)

Little Dudes Ferret Ranch in North Bend, Wa.  (Terri, sure could use your
any help she can get right now.  (Her husband goes into the hospital
tomorrow for a serious operation.) I will be now spending any extra time
I have up there help her with the shelter.  She will need all the help
she can get since she will spending many of her evening hours up at the
hospital with her husband.

Well, please understand that this was a very hard decision to make for
me, and I hope you all will understand.  If I could have kept my ferrets
I would have.  But I put their needs first and felt it was the right
thing to do at this time.

Charleen and the Wa. Tails