From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2011 23:34:57 -0400
Dear Joan,

This, like so many other greetings are very late in arriving, and for
that I say I am very sorry. We have been overly busy, but that is not
an excuse for a missed greeting, so again I apologize from the bottom
of my fuzzy little heart.

Summer is hinting around springs corner here, and we all look so
forward to it, I think that's just a excuse for use to jump in the
sprinklers, because even if we don't care for bath's, we do love water.
Be in from an run away ice cube, or the bottom of the shower, or in my
case, the dishwasher, if we can get just our paws wet, and get a lick
of water that does not come from a water bowl or a bottle, we are all
for it. Something about it tastes good and somehow forbidden too :)

Many years ago my mum bought us a swimming pool, just a small one
mind you, but it was all we needed. She filled it with 2 inches of warm,
soapy water and we all had fun making a good mess of it, all though
there were a few chickens in our bunch who went to their hidey holes
without even stopping for a craisin bribe, it was fun that was had by
one and all of us super water fiends!

I kept that in mind when Hobbes came to me late one evening. How nice
it is, that up here we don't have to worry being sick, or afraid, or
medicines, or even about something not being good for us. You now those
no-no treats we are not suppose to have.

Like raisins, chocolate and my *all* time favorite - *red licorice*
<yum> and so many other forbidden, fuzzit goodies. Hobbes sat next to
me as I sat fiercely writing away on another greeting - my Rainbow Lap
Top had just taken a nose dive into the land of the spinning rainbow
wheel of "ick" and a cracked screen that is not really a crack but
looks all black and fuzzy in between. So it's long-hand writing for me
till I get it fixed by the technical fuzz wonders around here - yes
even we have need of ferret geeks!

What we all need when a loved one leaves for the gate is comfort, love,
sympathy and time. I can offer a few of those, but what I really wish
is that I could offer the time as well. That somehow I could speed up
the recovery of the grieving process, but all of that is an essential
part of life. My mum once sent me something, it didn't seem to be
something of need for me, but I held onto it anyways, and now I will
share it with you Joan.

"A pencil maker told the pencil that there were five important lessons
it would need to learn, before he put the pencil in the box.

1) Everything you do will always leave a mark.

2) You can always correct the mistakes you make.

3) What is important is what is inside of you.

4) In life, you will undergo painful sharpening's, which will only make
you stronger.

5) To be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held, and
guided by the hand that holds you."

As a greeter I know that everything I write leaves behind my mark, just
as everything you do when you save a fuzzit leaves a warm mark upon
their hearts and souls.

I can correct my misspellings with spell check and with Hobbes
dictionary-like mind, but you, well you can continue to help fuzzits
even after they have moved on, just by being insistent upon gaining
what information you can from their loss in hopes of helping those
that come after it.

You are important, because you make a difference in every ferret life
that comes through you gentle hands. I hope that I am able to be the
same for those who receive my greetings.

In both of our lives, we will experience illness, pain, anger, fear,
and loss, but what makes us stronger is that we can bear these things
and *still* be able to continue doing this day after day because we
love what we do.

There are times in your life when you need to be the one held, and the
one guided by words, or by well wishing, or even by a sweet moment of
silence. We are here for that specific reason, as are every one who
knows and loves you.

Even after we leave, we are still there, we will always be there and
one day, well you will be here as well. It is the one and only thing we
wait here for, for you to come home and we are family again.

When Mayla arrived, she came bearing a beatific look upon her face, and
there was also a hint of mischievousness as well. I asked her what she
was thinking, and aside from how grateful she was that she did not come
here alone. she told me that you had promised her that a new adventure
would be waiting for her when she arrived.

And she was right. Beside me and Jared, who was accompanied by
our beautiful 421, there were other fuzzits waiting for her to get here
too ...Aniston, Bandit, Rascal, Gracie, Shadow, Ivan, Rusty, Cyrus, Zoe,
Chase, Beka, Waffles, Leizl and that very kind and gentle Desi. It was
decided that we would all go for a treat-fest and pig out on all of our
most very favorites.

Mayla looks so beautiful, restored to what she was in her prime, she
will be here waiting for the rest of her beloved family to arrive and
then the real adventer can finally begin!

Once again, I am so very sorry for the long wait,
In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah