From:
Michelle Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 23:13:34 -0700
I work at a local pet store here in Littleton, CO and this evening a kid
brought in an eight-week-old, sable, female ferret he had bought elsewhere
and hadn't taken very good care of.  The mother says she liked the animal,
but didn't like the fact that her son wasn't taking care of the litter
box.  Well, it also looks like he wasn't feeding her very well because
she's pretty damned thin as well.  Kirk and I decided to buy her (we
wanted a dark colored ferret anyway) and we went ahead and brought her
home.  We named her Daphne.  She seems to be getting along fairly well
with Taz and Coffee so far, and has even been chewing on their ears while
they sleep to get them to play with her.  Of course, she has some bad
habits.  Apparently whoever had her before let her get away with biting
and scratching to be let down and she's been hissing in frustration that
we aren't manipulated that way. :)  Of course, we're pretty much at our
household limit for ferrets now -- being one over what our lease says is
permissable.  But she cuddled with both of us and I think she'll have a
pretty good disposition and will be extremely pretty once we get her
fattened up a little.

On another note, we bought some very nice, ferret-sized name tags for our
ferrets' collars.  They are small, brass, and engraved with the animal's
name, our name, our address and phone number.  With the name tags, rabies
tags, and bells on the collars, we have very jiggly ferrets. :)

Michelle

--
I planned to list my pets here for fun, but discovered I didn't have enough
space.  So I'll do it this way.  Say hello to my ferrets (Taz and Coffee),