From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 17:46:46 -0800
It all started in the grocery store check-out line last month.  I got behind
someone who had a sample of everything that the store had to offer so I
started leafing through the magazines.There it was,a picture of Gary Hart's
undoing and a fert in her arms.When I got home I put the groceries away,
fired-up the computer,and did a search for"ferret"and the rest is history.
Since then I've followed the exploits of FLO,read the heart warming story of
a fert on ski patrol helping to calm an injured little girl and last but not
least, ferts attempting to tame long-hosed sucky things.  I have my mind
made up.  Law or no law I want to be a fert Daddy!  I live in the Los
Angeles area.  Yes,California,behind the golden curtain.  I spent last
weekend in the garage with power tools a zingin and whipped-up a hummdinger
of an abode for the little urchin.  It's 36"wide,24"high and 18"deep with a
slide out litter tray and screen on three sides to insure good ventilation.
I built a second story about half as big and connected them with 3" dia.
abs tubes.

I have several questions about living with an un-documented fert in an
unenlightened land.  Will we have live like the "Tanners"?  Shall we name it
A.L.F.?  Against the Law Ferret.  I understand that there are about half a
million ferts in Ca.  If this is true then the Dept. of Fish and Game
surely can't be much of a threat,can it?  I guess that Las Vegas would be
the best place to obtain the little munchkin.  Can anyone give me any tips
on what to look for when buying a fert from a store or give me the name of a
store or breeder?  Any tips on what I think is going to be next weekend's
little adventure would be appreciated .

Well it's getting late,gotta go.

Thanks much for your stories and I hope for your help.

Signed,
fertless.nLA

P.S. Is there a fine for possession of a ferret in Ca. ?