From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 15:43:36 -0400
Given how many people provide poultry and such:

<http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome?contentidonly=true&contentid=2011/08/0379.xml>

We always keep bottled water since any flooding regionally badly
affects our water, and due to my upbringing we also have pots and
buckets of water gathered before the storm for flushing and cleaning
during a hurricane or nor'easter.

It always pays in hurricane to have a list of vets in other communities
available in case you have to travel due to flooding or home damage, or
in case a vet hospital is damaged.

Use resources such as :
http://ferrethealth.org/vets/
which can be linked to from the FHL Files section
http://supportourshelters.org/
and
http://www.ferretuniverse.com/vets/vetlist.asp

More tips can be found in the FHL and FML Archives, the addies for
which appear in my sig lines.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/