From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 13:06:34 -0500
Hello everyone.

I know I am a little late with this post but I would like to put my word
in for cornstarch to stop bleeding.  A few months ago, (a day after Sadie
died - what lousy timing) Benji got his foot caught in something and ripped
into his toe nail, below the bloodline at least so we eventually found
out - there was so much blood we couldn't tell what was going on.  There
was blood everywhere.  I am telling you, when we went back to the ferret
room there was blood on the floor, squirted on the walls, and all over me.
Panic set in because no matter what we did, nothing would stop the
bleeding.  Of course a very squirmy ferret didn't help matters any.  Then
I remembered something that I had read on the FML one time and I thought it
was cornstarch.  I wasn't real sure but what have we got to loose.  Let's
try it.  We stuck Benji's paw in a dish of cornstarch and it stopped
immediately.  That's one remedy we won't forget for a long time.  Works
great.  Benji's paw seems to be ok now although that nail is all black and
we still aren't sure whether it is going to grow normally or what but it
sure scared us.  By the end of the day (this happened just before work
which made me late but what could I do, let him bleed to death?) his toe
seemed swolen and real nasty looking and I kicked myself for not doing
much about it that morning.  We then soaked it in peroxide a few times and
applied colloidal silver on it, as well as aloe vera gel as well as giving
him colloidal silver internally to ward off the infection.  By the next day
his foot looked a lot better.  He was favouring it for a few days and it
was obviously sore to touch but the swelling and redness was gone in a day.
Like I said, the nail still looks nasty but everything else has healed,
thank God.

Take care.
Tryntje Miller.