From:
Maria L Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 10:12:29 +1200
When we were looking for a friend for my little Felicity (she was 5 months
old at the time) I wanted a young one about the same age as her.  We were
looking at all the ferrets that needed homes and my friend fell in love
with this older ferret, he was really ugly because he was so thin and his
fur was yellowish brown from sitting in his urine, no-one knew how old he
was, but, he had been desexed.  We didn't entirely trust him when we
brought him home, but, he has turned out to be the most lovely ferret I
have ever met.  He is still rather strange looking, as he has a white bib
and four little white feet ( the rest of him is sable), we called him
Tiberius.  When we were at the pet expo last year Tiberius was the
favourite with all the children, he had over 300 people a day pat him and
he loved it and wanted more!  We have had recent estimates of Tiberius' age
and it is thought that he could be 9 years old.  I have only had him for
the last year and he is seriously showing signs of old age now.  I'm glad
we adopted this extraordinary old ferret instead of your everyday younger
ferret.  Everyday with Tiberius is special.  He will never win any awards
for his markings but he's certainly won my heart.

Go on adopt an older ferret!

Dooks to all, Meghan, Tiberius, Felicity, and Savvy