From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 22:05:20 -0500
Hello to All,
The one thing that I really enjoy reading in the FML is at the end, people
list their ferrets names, and having them say something, and its so cute.  I
get a laugh out of it.  It goes to show you, that not only are we ferret
lovers, we have great imaginations as well :)

I should try it myself, maybe it would add some humor to my stories, we have
3 males and 1 female, and 4 different personalities,

Loosewire is just Loosewire,a MF ferret, quiet and very sweet, always
willing to give kisses, never bites, loves to dip his head into drinking
glasses, ice tea is his favorite.  He finds ashtrays, and loves to dig and
kick out the butts and ashes, probably thinks that they needed cleaning out,
once done, he looks around to see if we noticed him, and then walks away.

Lucy is a MF ferret, quiet and sweet as well, kisses alot, very inquisitive
little girl, she is the smallest of them all, she puts up with alot from the
other 3 boys, she is our investigator, always into something, loves to climb
on the computer desk, and gets really excited when finding a pack of
cigarrettes, and goes full speed flying off the furniture with pack in mouth
to hide her prize.  Fortunately, she doesn't take the lighters with her ;)
we find her by listening to unusual sounds coming from cabinets, drawers,
inside bags etc.  she is not a biter, just keeps busy searching out new
territory.

Bear is 1/4 German, black with white paws and markings, and a holy terror,
with a spitfire attitude, he is the most playful out of the bunch.  He
doesn't have time to kiss you, but rather play nip and dook and war dance,
he is totally off the wall when we get him going, takes a flying leap with
all 4's stretched out and loves to land on you.  God forbid you move your
feet while you are laying down, he attacks anything that moves.  He tries to
bully the other two males, but found they will whip his butt.

Buford, is the oldest, we bought him from the Lancing Ferret Show, he is a
old cranky man, loves to bite toes, which has bit me twice, he will play,
but we always watch him carefully, we haven't learned to trust him, LOL.  he
will give kisses, but we won';t linger our lips too long just in case.  But
he will come around to be held.

We love our ferrets, and find them exciting, we rent a house, and the owner
will not allow us to have pets, meaning cats and dogs, and if she ever finds
out and makes us get rid of them, we will move first before giving up our
fuzzies

Marti
P.S.  I read everyones post who has lost a loved one, and I want to tell
each and everyone that you make my heart ache, and know that I truly feel
for you all.  I dread the day that I will lose one of mine, even though we
all have to expierence it at some point, but only a lover of ferrets will
only know the heartache one feels, and the tremendous loss.  I may not
personally respond, but I do sympathize for you all.