From:
Dani Lucking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 14:12:50 -0600
Weezer isn't doing too well.  She has been tentatively diagnosed with
insulinoma.  We are treating her, but she seems worse than ever.  She is
paler, seems more dehydrated and less active than ever.  I am waking her
every now and then to coax her to take some pedialite, or force some on her
if she won't take any willingly.  I guess I am stupid, but I thought after
the vet had given her fluids, she wouldn't get dehydrated again so soon.
She seems more dehydrated now than when I took her to the vet and she
commented on how very dehydrated she was!

I am still fighting.  I haven't given up hope.  I also have had my most
loved ferrets slip away from me before my eyes.  I see it again.  I don't
think she will make it.  I will not stop trying until she is gone, but I
just can't see the ferretness in her slip away and think it will come back.
She is sleeping in a sling around my neck that I made for her.  Thanks for
the great idea, Bob C.  She doesn't have enough muscle, fur, or fat to keep
her warm.  I have a difficult question to ask, considering she is still
with us.  I have read pleas on the fml to have our furry ones studied when
they go so that vets can learn more and possibly save ferrets later down
the road.  How does one do this?  Is this something my vet can do or take
care of from her office?  I am considering this for when the time comes.  I
know she still has a chance, but she will go one day, so I try not to think
it is morbid to be considering what to do with her once she is gone.  It
could be tomorrow, it could be three years.  Either way, since she does have
a common health problem for ferrets, I think she could continue to be a good
advocate for ferrets even after she is gone.  Let us hope it is later and
not sooner.  Thanks for all the emails and prayers we have received.  Please
respond to me personally, but also to the fml to answer the question.
Others may be wondering, too.  Thanks again,