From:
Sherrie Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 16:10:19 -0700
Dooks to all!!!
Lemme introduce myself.  My name is Dweezil.  I'm 10 weeks old, female,
sable, adorable (but aren't we all?) and I'm from Marshall Farms.  (My
hooman, Sherrie, is envious.  She wants a tattoo, too!) Sherrie is 32
(years), female, blonde, from Colorado, and easily amused.  I was welcomed
into her home only a week ago, and we love each other.  I decided I would
live at her house instead of us moving into my cage.  It was pretty small,
and not much fun.  I have a wonderful home now, with lotsa toys and good
stuff!  I can't read (but I spell okay, dontcha think?  <giggle>), so
Sherrie reads me all the good parts from the FML, she's been subscribing
just since last weekend, so this is my first time emailing the FML.  We both
reeeeealllly likes it lots!!!  I wanted to share some of the new tricks I've
taught Sherrie, and if your hoomans are smart, you can teach them, too.

1. The Marble Splash
Make your hooman get out a smallish fairly shallow bowl, like maybe cereal
bowl size.  Put about 1" of water in bowl.  The fun starts here, and gets
better.  I let Sherrie watch me splash around and sneeze in the water, and
eventually, I tip it over.  She pours more (heeheehee) and now adds a
half-dozenish glass marbles,(the 'boulder'-sized ones, since the regular
ones I don't know any better than to try and choke on them!) Now chase
marbles around in water, splash more, and if you tip the bowl, the marbles
make a fun sound!  wheeeeeeeeee!  (Sherrie learned I like to drink from
glasses, too, if they have root beer in them, and I think the bowl might
have been a little attempt at a sponge bath.)

And unattended bowls of dry Wheaties are also fair game!

2. Name My Scent
I'll admit it.  Even though I'm just very young , I have a problem with,
ummm, body odor.  Sherrie doesn't seem to mind, but apparently her other
hooman friends have sensitive nosies.  So, when guests are coming over, I
make her find one of those silly fashion magazines, with those little strips
of paper inside that smell flowery, or spicy, or fruity, or *sneeze* I
didn't like that one!  And she lightly pats at me with the paper.  Makes me
feel SOOOO glamourous and wealthy (and all her friends like my new smells,
too!) (Don't have to be shampooed as often, too!) I've worn CK be, Ralph
Lauren, Casmir, Elizabeth Arden Red Door, a different scent for every mood!
(Golly, I feel like a debutante, or something!)

What's in Her Purse?
This game is always full of surprises.  Sherrie is a bit of a pack rat, so
you never know what you're going to find!  Last night it was not one, but
TWO dum-dum suckers!  One was peach, and the other was butterscotch.
Sherrie especially liked to watch me unwrap them and carry them around in my
mouth and hold the stick while I licked it.  I had to save some (actually, a
lot!) for later.  Sherrie says I can't eat one all at once, or I'll get a
tummy ache.  Tastes so good, though!) I like Hallowe'en!  But you gotta be
careful with this game.  The other day I found an undone safety pin.  The
hard way.  *ouchedmy nosie!*

4. Fuzzbutt Solo Soccer
Pretty self-explanatory.  Small lightweight ball, preferably with a bell
inside.  Lotsa fun to bop around with my nosey and pretend to be Pele.

I also like to do flips and somersaults on the bathmat.

Well, that's just a start.  I could go on and on, but I wanna go play (and
I've probably gone way over space limits.) Sherrie says we'll come back
again soon.  She's also trying to find a harness that I'll actually let her
put on me.  The oval leather one with the holes cut out was a no-go, and
she's heard the old-style figure 8's aren't too easy to work with, either.
If anyone has a suggestion either on how to make me like the leather one, or
knows of a different style that I might like, email Sherrie!  I really hated
that one, but we've got to find one so I can take Sherrie for walks!

Thanks for letting me talk, I'm very excited to be here!
dookdookdookdookdookdook

Dweezil and Sherrie