From:
Becky DeGeer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:40:11 -0400
Oh, my goodness. So, that WAS what I was seeing yesterday. When
I opened the web cam yesterday, both Georgia and Peanut had huge
bottle-brush tails, and kept poking their heads out of the hole,
then quickly pulling them back in. Then, the nest box jiggled a
little, and they both darted out into the enclosure.

A few seconds later, I saw human feet walking just on the other side
of the hole. When I saw that, the first thing I thought was, "Hmm. I
wonder if it might be "moving day" for little Peanut?" I guess it was.
I didn't realize that Georgia would be leaving, too, but at least
she'll get to enjoy life the way a BFF was meant to--in the wild.
(The note said that Georgia will be staying in Colorado while she
is prepared for release.)

I guess that means I must have been one of the last people to see
Peanut and Georgia "live". What a privilege. I was so glad to be able
to see Peanut grow up from a tiny, well, packing peanut, into the
handsome young ferret he became. I will miss the little bugger!

Bright Blessings all, and special blessings to Georgia and Peanut,
as they move on to bigger and better things.

Becky

with Tanner, Satinka, Jasper, and Dervish
missing Cinnamon, Coke, Pixie, Chitterbox, Kodi-Bear, Twizzler,
and Yozum