From:
"Lange, Sandra SJ" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:13:06 +1100
I've just started a drumming course, using an african jembe (sp?) drum.
Anyway, we get to take one home for practice.  This wooden drum is sort of
like an hourglass shape, wider at the top, and completely hollow.  You play
it sitting down, with the drum on the floor, slightly tilted away from you.
You can see what's coming.  *sigh*

As I am practising, I feel Clover around my feet.  By the time I look at
her, she's crawled into the bottom part of the drum.  I clear her out of
the way, and continue.  Next time I hear scratching, and again I look.
This time she is completely inside the top part of the drum.

Imagine holding this drum up horizontally, peering into the open end, and
seeing a ferret deep inside.  Because of the hourglass shape, the waisted
area is not wide enough to reach in and pull out a ferret with your hand.
So a combination of hand inside to point her noise in the right direction,
coaxing, holding the drum at an angle and shaking is required.

The little weasel managed to do it twice.

She seems to like the noise, but I would prefer not to make her go
deaf. :-)

Sandra, Clover and Princess

So, any other musical ferrets out there?