From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2012 13:29:36 -0400
Dearest, Pie Oh Pah, and All of Our Very Beloved Bridge Greeters,

I am dedicating this poem to you, in an attempt to thank you for all
you do for us. Although there are many words here, there aren't enough
to thank you, and those words don't even come close to expressing our
gratitude. We know you have so many duties to be attended to up at the
Bridge, but you are always there for us, greeting our babies in their
time of need. Keep this in your heart, when you grow tired from a hard
day's work, we will be there for you, to let you know you are loved,
and very much appreciated.

Greeters Dear, We Thank You

Oh Greeters dear we call for you when we are in great need
to have you help our ferrets cross, and this our cry you heed
There must be days when you grow tired, there're greetings by the score
and when it seems it's slowing down, there are a hundred more

Everyday you serve us, one by one your duty's done
from morning sky that's bright and blue, until the setting sun
But we have just one question, oh please answer, tell us true
when you are tired and overwhelmed, is someone there for you?

There must be days when even you must shed a saddened tear
you're always there to greet our kids and quiet all their fears
We'd like to thank you from our hearts for everything you do
we love you Greeters oh so much but words will never do

We send our love to soothe you, bring you comfort, dry your eyes
we hope you know how much we care, you shouldn't be surprised
We know your work is never done, from you not one complaint
oh Greeters dear, we love you so, to us you all are saints.

Hear the cry our hearts call out, we need your gentle touch
to help our babies cross the Bridge, we thank you oh so much
When weariness becomes you , get some rest to help you through
you'll hear a voice inside your dream say "We'll be there for you."

S. Pyron
11/1/12