From:
"Karen E. Marsh-Lovvorn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 10:12:45 -0400
Hi All:

Can anyone give me an accurate way to tell the age of an older ferret?  I've
been told that once they hit 3 or 4 the ends of the canines begin to turn
opaque, color changes from white to ivory, etc., but obviously, that isn't
too accurate, particularly if the ends of the canines are broken off - or
the ferret has bad teeth anyway.

BTW: The ferret I posted about with the sudden onset of hind-end weakness
miraculously recovered by the time I got home from work.  He's up and
around, acting perfectly fine, eating everything in sight, eliminating
normally, wrasslin' with his buddies, etc.  Go figure!  :-) (I AM keeping an
eye on him "just in case" though).

Karen
Rogues Gallery