From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:58:17 -0500
>Now about the kids.  I was delighted to see a family oriented ferret show.
>I was sitting beside the communal play pen.  I witnessed your outburst at
>a child.  This child was not a young adult, he was a little kid, about 5
>yrs.  old.  You got my attention when you started screaming at the child,
>"get out, get out right now and do not come back".
>
>... you weren't winning trophies - gee, want some cheese with that whine?

Actually, that wasn't me.  The only things I said were, "please don't pick
up my ferrets...no, you may not pick them up...no, really, I don't want
them picked up.....please watch where you roll that ball." And, when he
almost stepped on my little guy, while head-butting a child outside the
pen I said, "if you are going to play rough you need to do it outside."
I did not scream or lose control.  I know small children don't have good
judgement skills.  The point I was trying to make was that children of
that age should *never* be unsupervised....Evidently I was not the only
one disturbed by this child's behavior.

Perhaps I was wrong about the judging, I am willing to admit that.  It is
just the impression I got after speaking with some of the other people
there.  I really don't care about ribbons or trophies.  That's not why I
go.  I like to see what new products are available and talk to other ferret
people.  If I show little ones and they place well, that's great.  If they
don't, that's ok as well.  There are, after alll, more important things to
worry about.

[SE]