From:
Pat Baby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 09:55:23 -0700
Rocket came to the Alberta Ferret Society when he was about 4 years
old. Orange, unneutered and very, very stinky. Rocket is now 8. I have
had the privilege of sharing the second 1/2 of his life with him.
Although he is arthritic and insulinomic, he still tootles around like
a little man on a mission. Recently I have noticed his eyes are getting
cloudy and he has also developed another strange symptom that I would
like some input on. Some days in the mornings especially, I notice his
feet are quite red. One day about a week ago he was having a pretty
difficult morning and they were very red. I really don't think it is
circulation, as his face and neck redden too. Rocket is still pretty
active for a senior. He paces like a soldier waiting for his duck soup
in the morning. Takes a very leisurely stroll through the dryer hose,
with all the younger ones backed up behind him. Every once in a while
he will pin down my little psychotic girl, Dorry, for tryin g to play
too rough with him. Mainly he keeps to himself, unless he needs a warm
body for comfort. Then he will seek out the group sleeping pile in the
night table drawer. Does anyone have an idea what this redness means?
Could it be the beginning of kidney failure? He is currently on .5 of
pediapred once a day. I have had ferrets for over 20 years now, but in
all that time, have never had one live to 8. He is like the little
energizer bunny, just keeps going....and going...and going.......

Pat Baby
Everything will be alright in the end!
If it's not alright, it's not the end.

http://groups.msn.com/ComfyCritters