From:
"G. A. Christian Bilou" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 01:04:12 -0700
>The latest update I heard on the Marshall Farms break in was that it was
>not PETA, but another group.  I believe they said the Animal Liberation
>Front.  They took 10 ferrets and 30 beagles.

Sounds like the ALF's modus operandi.....they do this sort of thing a fair
bit, often targeting fur farms and laboratories.

>Did any of you know they also breed beagles?

Yes, the are one of the primary, if not the primary, source of lab ferrets
and dogs in North America (see..

http://guide.labanimal.com/company/193.html )....demand for beagles as
test subjects was, I believe, initially created by US military labs
during nuclear weapon testing.

>They did not say what the group did with the animals.  I pray for the
>animals sake they did not just turn them loose.

If it is indeed the ALF, they probably loosed the animals shortly
thereafter...the ALF seems to believe that it is better for an animal to
experience very fleeting freedom, and to die free, than to spend another
minute in a farm, lab, etc.  In an incident in BC, Canada a few years
back, they released hundreds of mink from a mink-farm...most of the mink
ran out onto the adjacent highway and were squashed...a large percentage
of the others dashed into the Fraser river (quite fast in that area..
whitewater, I believe), and drowned....the ALF viewed this 'operation' as
successful.

G. A. Christian Bilou