From:
Holderby Amanda K <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 19:59:40 -0500
Just wanted to add a good pet store story.  Here in Springfield, Mo,the
members of the local Ferret Association have been hounding the stores that
sell kits about their cage-keeping habits.  You know the routine: wood chips
in the food, poop, eyes, ears; sneezing babies; kits playing in their own
feces...

It seems that our complaints are starting to do some good.  One of the
stores has moved their kits to corn cob (still not as good as a tee shirt)
and has started teaching prospective parents about proper care.

Not a very big step, but a step nonetheless.

Amanda and Brad
Willa (I sure am cute when you scratch my chin, huh?)
Piper (Daddy's toes = good eatin')