From:
D CHRISTEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 23:52:40 -0500
Dear Sandee,
Please, find Athena & have her meet Odysseus @ the bridge.  My sweet
Odysseus, was helped to cross over tonight, after a long battle
w/insulinoma and numerous other ailments that plagued his little old body.
I helped him because i loved him so much, that i could no longer watch his
little body struggle for breath, he had no use of his hind legs anymore,
and his wee little head was hairless.  He fought valiantly however, always
the independent one.  I am sure that all the other loving ferret mommas
that wrote us when we asked for prayers have little ones there also that
can show him around.  He sure did love his ferretone and bandit treats.
Odysseus came to me from the Humane Society, an 8 year old ferret, and he
leaves behind his cage mate Samson.  As well as all the other furry bodies
that share our ever in motion home.  They (Odysseus & Samson) came to me
the week after losing our sweet Athena.  A drop off.  I told them both
that they were always meant to be with me, and this is where everyone that
i have rescued since then w/b until the day either they or i cross that
bridge ourselves.

I love you Odysseus.  My heart aches tonight, and will till i see your
prescious face again, and Athena's too.  I will look to the night sky
tonight, before i rest, to find that new star in the sky, the one that
shines brightly for my Odysseus.  May you be free of that old body forever.
May you be renewed, to the young boy you once were, the one i never knew.
You leave a big hole in this old heart of mine Odysseus, a crater is more
like it.  I hope you can forgive me for the decision i felt i had to make,
it was made out of love for you.  It would have been selfish of me, to
keep you around any longer, and allow the suffering to continue.  You are
now forever free.

kisses my Odysseus...dance the dance of freedom

Your loving mommy