From:
Jill Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2010 03:44:29 -0500
Hello fellow ferreters!

So heres my deal...i went to petland last month and saw a baby red eyed
white. Probably about 6 weeks old. I was holding her and flipped her
around only to notice her genitals inflammed. I put her down and didnt
think much only oh...sick ferret..im sure theyll take care of it. I
went back to the petland yesterday and saw the same baby girl with the
same enlarged genitals. Not only are they living in a small glass box
which is probably way too warm for them but i doubt that hammy has been
washed since i got my first ferret from there...or if its ever been
washed. Theres 4 ferrets in the ....prison ill call it right now but
what really upset me about this little girl is because of her infection
or whatever it is whenever she pees or goes to the bathroom she ends up
going all over herself because her area is so enlarged...so shes peeing
all over herself...and theyre leaving her week after week dirty and wet
from her own urine.

I called today and told them how horrible it was what i saw and asked
the manager to bath the ferrets...but i cant stop thinking about this
and how much it really hurt me to see. The manager told me they were
waiting on the breeder to find out whats wrong with her and that she
would get a bath today...all i could think was you idiots you probably
caused this! The environment is wretched. Im really tempted to run in
the store and steal her and take her home with me (haha ...not really
steal...) but im afraid if shes not a quick fix theyll do the
unspeakable and put her down rather then pay for vet bills..im thinking
of going and offering to pay the bills if they just give her to me or
offer half price if they pay for her meds..im sure she prolly has ear
mites too....i dont have a lot of money but would really like to save
this littlee girl...really make her dook and dance.

Any suggestions on how to deal with petland or similar stories? Or if
theres something i can do to make them take care of them better? I was
even thinking of volunteering to bath them or play with them..ugh..im
so frustrated and disturbed by this. Ive never had something affect me
so much like this. All I keep thinking is my kuda came from that
store...thank god at the time there was someone who spent lots of time
with the ferrets...but now it seems like theyve been forgotten since
shes quit. Help help help. I want to go back sunday or monday before
work to take care of this whole thing. Its incredible what these little
furballs do to you.

Thanks everyone. Email me please.

-Jill: owned by: Kuda, Penny, and Diesel.