From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:50:02 -0700
While sitting here thinking about losing Drake and Luke I figured out we
have lost a lot of babies recently.... and people...

14 total.  12 ferrets and 2 parents

February 5, 2003 - Shelter baby Buster was helped to the bridge
(insulinoma)

February 10, 2003 - Newly adopted out Scotty escaped from his home and
has not been found

June 14, 2003 - Shelter baby Sophie passed away (helicobacter)

August 30, 2003 - Adopted out shelter baby Stinker passed away suddenly
(maybe lymphoma)

September 5, 2003 - Shelter baby Zippy passed away (insulinoma and
complications from surgery)

October 28, 2003 - Shawns dad suddenly passed away (blood clot)

October 29, 2003 - Adopted out Shelter baby Mocha passed away at our
house (helicobacter)

November 3, 2003 - Adopted out Shelter baby Dakota passed away (maybe
heart failure)

November 5, 2003 - Newly adopted out Misty escaped from her home and was
killed by a car.

December 21, 2003 - My mom passed away (unknown cause....)

December 24, 2003 - Shelter baby Rocky was helped to the bridge (cancer
in liver and other organs)

February 9, 2004 - Newly adopted Jenny escaped from her home and has not
been found

February 13, 2004 - Shelter baby Drake was helped to the bridge (cancer
in the pancreas)

February 18, 2004 - Shelter baby Luke passed away (awaiting results)

That is a lot to digest...... and yet I know I will because so many
other people have it worse and because I was blessed to know and love
the ferrets and people that have passed on.... they will forever be with
me, watching over me and holding me in my time of needs... as are my
friends....

With all this sadness I go on because not only must I, but because of all
of the joy out of life that is still yet to live.  To see the ferrets
that have been adopted out from the shelter and to hear the joy in their
new families voice... it makes life seem a little easier.

Please keep Bugz in your prayers.  He is our 11 year old albino boy that
has an abscessed tooth.  He also has cardiomyopathy and has to go in to
have the tooth pulled.  We might lose him....... But have no choice as
antibiotics take it away a little but it came back... so it must come
out.  He goes in Thursday, February 26.

Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"
Shelter:  www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz
There's a pot of Ferret Love at the end of the Rainbow