Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 00:04:11 -0700
Rasta is doing much better with insulinoma since I started the prednisone.
I have been handfeeding him with a mixture of Totally Ferret, Innova,
Ferretvite, the medicine and I also have been boiling eggs, adding water
and pureeing them in the blender.  He loves it!

The vet told me that eggs are great for them, which I already figured
because of the protein content.  Make sure that they are cooked before you
add them to the food mixture.  I now have the task of getting him off of
the handfeeding and back to some regular chow.  We had to "force feed" him
the mixture before, but now he eats it readily and wants it all the time.
I think the nutrients he is getting are pretty good and the protein is
excellent.  I think I am going to buy some liver tomorrow, cook it and add
that as well.

On another note...
Am I the only one who is sick of the raging "feeding mice to ferrets"
debate?  It is really getting old, let's put it to bed now.

Take Care All~