From:
"Meg R. Gilbert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 20:21:46 -0400
I have been just overwhelmed by all the kind and supportive messages from
ferret folks and lots of useful tips on odor control, and I just wanted to
thank everyone with all my heart; and of course Bandit thanks you too.
Things are better around here... I'm not feeling so panicky.  There have
been no complaints about the smell since Sunday morning.  Richard (my
husband--who was reluctant to share his home with a ferret in the first
place) is becoming more accepting of and even charmed by Bandit with every
passing day.  In fact just now he stood over the cage and looked down at a
certain sweet little face, and not a word about the smell.  Today I didn't
even run the exhaust fan--still no complaints.  So I'm feeling better and
getting on with the wonderful business of being a ferret mom.  As soon as I
can arrange it I'll have a vet check to make sure he was descented and
neutered properly.  So thanks again, everyone, and much love from Bandit
and me.

--Meg Gilbert