Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:50:10 -0400
Today, I had to take Pharos to the vet for Sean and I was getting all
dressed up in my ferret attire. First I put on a SuperTonks shirt
(Yakur-pa-duker!). Then I reached for one of my favorite ferret gifts
of all time. My soft, warm, but sharp looking Toronto Ferret Symposium
hoody jacket. Ferret people are a very generous breed as you all know.
We send each other warm wishes and gifts quiet often. Many times
anonymously. This is something I had to get used to. I'm way too
curious to get anonymous gifts and they drive me absolutely bonkers.
But I learned that ferret people send anonymous gifts for many reasons.
Maybe the person they give to has done so much for others, they want to
send something special for a surprise and they want the fun of doing so
without getting recognized. Sometimes the giver does not want to put
the receiver on the spot if they don't have much money so that the
person does not feel indebted to return the favor. Much of the time
ferret people are so giving, that people don't sign names so the
receiver does not do anything in return and can just enjoy the gift.
I have been on the receiving end of a few anonymous things. One of
those things is my beloved jacket. Many times we find out through the
grapevine or some clues left beyond who may have sent us things. But
this anonymous gift left NO clues. It was so random, I could not begin
to guess who could have sent it or even if I know the person well. I
had so admired those jackets. I wanted one so bad, but I tell you, I
never told a soul that. How anyone could know that is beyond my
imagination. How anyone could know that I severely needed a jacket too
is beyond me. Why it's anonymous I have no idea. At first I went nuts
calling everyone. I got so frustrated! Then, I began to focus only on
the thought. And the fun of the "game". And I was only left with the
total enjoyment of the gift. Wow. I protect and baby that jacket with
my life. I wear it everywhere that is important to me. And every time I
slip it on, I'm in awe of the thoughtfulness of it and sometimes I even
tear up. One of the risks of sending something anonymously is never
knowing if it arrived okay or if the person appreciated it. Well, the
answers are yes and a resounding yes. I know "you" sent this long ago.
But it means so much to me, the excitement I feel from that gift makes
it feel like yesterday.

Thank you.