From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:08:07 -0500
>From:    jbardwel <[log in to unmask]>
>
>The jinx is that Em (1 lb, 3 oz) can slip right through the 1.5" by 5"
>bar gaps by twisting like a contortionist.  Fortunately, she isn't
>exactly hopping in and out, and seems content with her new home.  This
>cage was originally intended to be a small dog bathroom trainer.  If Em
>was even a teeny bit bigger in the shoulders, I don't think she could
>get through.  I put her in an H-harness last night (she could slip
>through still, but not as easily).... Any advice?

We converted a dog kennel into a good cage for our first ferret by
covering it with plastic hardware cloth.  Its safe, durable and easy to
work with.  You should be able to get it at a Home Depot or Lowes.  It
wasn't expensive.  When we later bought a bigger ferret cage we took
the hardware cloth off and sold the kennel to a friend for her puppy.

Regards,
Hawk & Patrick,
Salem, Faye, Bandit, Bowser, Bailey, Ferry and Sugar the ferts
Pyewacket  & Azriel the cats
and Smokey the African Grey
Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.