From:
Angela Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 17:38:25 EDT
Hi fellow ferret lovers!

I've been enjoying the list so much!  I've had ferrets for years..but had
no idea there is so much here on the internet about them.  I've learned so
much.

I have a few questions about treats.  I've had my own business for 3 years
now making homemade, all-natural, no yucky preservatives, no added salt, or
processed sugar added treats for dogs.  I am also working on a kitty treat
and have a couple for horses too!  I make treats that my ferrets absolutely
go bonkers for, but would like to get some opinions here among such
knowledgeable ferret folks as to what should and should not be in a ferret
treat.  I'd like opinions on size, flavors,texture,etc...anything that
might help me make the best ferret treats around.  Like I said I make
treats for my ferrets already and some of the ingredients I've been using
are for example: Wheat flour, non-fat dry milk, ground roasted peanuts,
molasses, honey, flax seed meal, and Home dehydrated chopped bananas and
apples.

Are there any supplements or ingredients that you'd like to see in ferret
treats?  Are any of these ingredients listed above something that shouldn't
be used?

Please give me some opinions...Thanks!

Angela