From:
Jodi Carta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 16:17:01 PDT
Hello everyone!

I wanted to get some people's advice on interactive ferret games or
mind-teasers for ferrets...I enjoyed the article in Modern Ferret and have
taken a few of the ideas.....My ferret seems bored at times.  He seems to
scratch with boredom and does that collapsing thing on the carpet until I
come up to interest him in games..ever since his best friend died, I have
to try real hard to entertain him where before, they entertained each other
(yes, I have adopted another ferret and they are not getting along at the
time and she is recovering from surgery).  He does like cat teasers and
tubes a lot...but I am running out of good games to play with him.  It is
awful warm this time of year to bring him outside..Any good ideas to keep
those fuzzies occupied and happy?  ( It would be wonderful if some of you
would post your fuzzies favorite activities to share with all of us)

I really liked that post which stated "Would you want to live at your house
if you were a ferret"...I have been thinking a lot about that lately.....

Please get out there and educate pet stores (the nasty ones especially) and
vet clinics about the local ferret shelters, local ferret contact people for
questions on ferret care, and of course, ferret care handouts!!  PETSMART
here in Omaha, Ne has been wonderful to the ferret people and shelter
here...we have had numerous fun days with ferret adoptions/games/information
and they are always willing to post and distribute ferret information for
us...they even made free copies of our PetsMart ferret fun day flyers and
handed them out to every customer.  They also do SO much for homeless dogs
and cats and other critters...I do all my shopping here because of this and
the fact that they don't sell some types of companion animals.

Thanks for your advice on ferret games in advance!!

Jodi,
Tyler, Tess and "Fur Angels" Teesha and Taylor