From:
willy-joos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2007 10:56:43 +0200
From:    phyllis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Hairball Remedy for Insulinoma Ferret?

My specialized ferret vet told me to use ( what we call in the
netherlnds vaseline)

International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients:
petrolatum
here in the netherlands you can buy it as a cream to protect your skin,
or in industry it is used as a lubrificant for metal, iron things and
against rust.

It ll not be eaten and taken into the body, like food, but will help
remove hair from stomach . It ll come out as loose stools. so do NOT
give too much. once every 2 or 3 days if necessary, a little bit.

BE sure, before you give it to your ferret, that there are no
additives. And if your ferret doesn t want to eat it, you can add a
taste to it by mixing it with ferretone or omega 3 vitamines from
fish oil, mine LOVE it!!!!
(but i don t know if its available in the states)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaseline
Vaseline (brand)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Vaseline)

For other uses, see Vaseline (disambiguation)
Vaseline(r) is personal care brand of skin creams, lotions and
cleansers. Vaseline is a internationally registered trademark name
wholly owned by Unilever PLC. While the Vaseline brand covers a wide
range of skin care products, it is most closely associated with
petroleum jelly where it continues to be the global leader. Thus,
the close association between the brand and the product has lead to
consumers mistakenly calling all types of petroleum jelly "Vaseline".
Only petroleum jelly packaged and sold by Unilever under the Vaseline
Brand name is able to call itself Vaseline.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaseline_%28brand%29"

<http://www.penreco.com/newsevents/tradearticles/NPRA2003_Pet_Regulations.pdf>

Grroet,
Joos