From:
DEROSE PAT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 13:49:40 -0500
Hello FMLers (people and fuzzies),

I am still having a problem with Sparky.  The vet switched medication last
week since the swelling has not gone down and there is still occasional
bleeding and pus.  I called today to find out what to do and she
recommended me to someone for a surgical consultation.  I am not sure if
she is giving me the brush (maybe she is not that informed about ferrets
after all and she does not want to work with Sparky).  Anyway the referral
is located twice as far away as she is.  I am from Passaic County NJ.

Should I take her advice or try someone more in my area who is ferret-savvy?
I do not know of anyone, that is the problem I guess.  I am praying this is
*not* serious and that she did *not* misdiagnose 2 weeks ago.

Please send ideas, I am open (and sad too).

I am thinking of you all: the happy, war-dancing fuzzies, the sick fuzzies
and the fuzzies who've crossed the Bridge.

Thanks,
Pat and Sparky (mommy, i want to feel better!)