From:
Caterina Venturelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 03:33:20 GMT
Dear FML friends,

I am the proud mother of Gigio, a wonderful and spoiled ferret (MF, male)
of 1 year and 3 months old.  Time is running fast and is time he gets his
second shot (after a year) to protect him from distemper.  We live in
Mexico City and ferrets are not common pets.  In fact he has been
vaccinated with dog vaccine that protects agains distemper and other two
diseases its name is: Canigen MHA2 Puppy from laboratories Virbac.  Sorry
I don't know if this laboratory also exists in other countries or just
here.  The vet says that it is safe for ferrets although he is not sure
about its efficacy in other animals than dogs.  I asked at different places
and all vets around use dog vaccines for ferrets (including for rabbies).
So I wonder if there are some vets in the FML that are reading this and may
give me any advice about this, or anybody that has heard or read something
about and would like to share his experience.  I don't know if I am really
protecting Gigio or the vaccine that is being used on him is like not
vaccinating him at all.

Thank you very much for your help.  Best regards for you and your little
babies including those that now have little wings and are in heaven.

Sincerely,
Cathie.