From:
Jill Whitfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 20:40:30 -0700
Hi everybody, I have been lerking and learning from the FML for several
months now, but this is my first post.

I have noticed several posts regarding weight loss in ferrets, and thought I
would share a little trick with all of you.  If a ferret is losing weight
quickly, it is wise to keep tabs on their weight, as we all know they can
not afford to lose much.  So, here is how I weight them accurately at home.
I use a fishing scale, that you can buy at any sporting goods store.  They
have a hook on them designed to hang a fish by.  I place the ferret in a
plastic grocery sack (with holes please) and hang it by the handles on he
hook.  Works like a charm.  The great thing about it is that you can measure
their weight by the ounce.

The Georgia Domestic Ferret Association has ferrets for adoption.

Jill, Toby, Eli, Foster, Sheena, and Miss Charoltte.