From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:33:03 -0400
Danee, an excellent series of posts!

A couple of these issues were discussed at the Atlanta Symposium,
specifically, Alicia Drakiotes' talk on how to effect local legislation
and Pam Troutman's discussion of working with humane societies.

As Danee and others have pointed out, the ferret community is HUGELY
generous, but it is frightening when these large scale rescues keep
occurring at what seems to be an ever increasing rate.  Our resources are
limited, both individually and collectively.  We MUST look outside our
community for support and assistance, financial and otherwise, and that
means looking to the larger animal rescue resources out there.

Linda Iroff