From:
Brenda Steinfurth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:50:12 -0500
Bridge Greeters, will you please watch for our little Toby Toes? He
decided to cross o the Bridge unexpectedly sometime around noon
yesterday, going by how he was when we got home around 3 pm and found
him. No clues to what the cause was, he was just starting to have his
tail hair thin around the base and starting to slow down just a bit, as
he was about 6 1/2 years old. I did notice about 6-8 months ago he had
a "swelling" in his abdomen, but as he was doing just fine activity
wise, eating and drinking, I chose to ignore it, as when my Rocky left
us, I had also found a "lump" and had taken him into the vets to get
it checked out. Ended up okaying for the vet to do an exploratory, and
when she opened him, she found he was full of cancer so we just let him
go on the table, and I was afraid the same would happen to Toby Toes.
I'm sorry, I know I'm rambling...

Toby Toes, we had you for about 5 years, and you knew you were loved
every minute of the day. He came to us with Socrates (Sox) whom we lost
about a year ago, from a friend who had to give them up because of her
landlord. I'm just grateful he seemed to have passed in his sleep, no
pain.

He leaves here his mommy and daddy to mourn him, along with his
brothers Simba and Andre.

Fly high Toby Toes, and look for Lady, Max, Rocky, Sammy, and Sox who
will be there looking for you, and remember we love you and will see
you again soon. We will always remember how you gave us kissies so
freely every time we picked you up to hold and love on you.