From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 19:54:03 -0800
Hi All,

Just wanted to share a cute little story: I had to go out of town on short
notice on March 11th.  It was one of those rushed trips, Ohio to Florida
and back in one day.  I had sick fuzzies at home and really did not want
to make the trip, but if I had to, I wanted to be back home that night.

Things did not go as planned, and I tried my best to get back to Tampa
to catch my flight.  But with getting a late start, traffic, and being
unfamiliar with the exits, etc., I decided not to refuel the rental car,
and just pay for the tank of gas, even though I had only used about 1/3
of the tank (ouch).  I wanted to go home!

Unfortunately, I was just pulling into the car rental return at the time my
flight was scheduled for take off.  I knew there was no use in rushing or
being upset, since this would not change the situation.

The lady checking the car in asked the usual questions....did I need in
the trunk?...had I refueled?... Well, I told her I was running late, and
actually, my flight should be taking off right now.  I had not put any gas
in, and they would just need to charge me for the tank.  I had only brought
along a jacket, my purse and a small briefcase of documents.  As I exited
the car, I recalled that at one point on the highway, traffic had come to a
screeching halt, and in the process, my purse had tumbled to the floor.  I
don't always have it 'properly zipped' to contain the contents, and thought
I had best check to make sure my drivers license or a charge card had not
fallen out in the tumble.

I sat back down, ran my hand across the floormat, and sure enough, there
was something on the floor.  It was about the size of a charge card.  I
lifted my hand into a lighter area and turned it over.  Laying in my hand,
was a was a refrigerator magnet with a beautiful sable kit, about 3-4
months old, sitting in someone's hands.  Beneath it, were the the words
"Ferret Time".  The individual that had rented that car before me, was a
ferret lover, too.

I was so elated!  I showed my treasure to the attendant; she wanted to know
what it was.  I shared that it was a ferret, and I had XX of them at home,
that I cared for until I could find them new homes.  She asked if they made
good pets, and told me she was an animal lover herself.  Then she said,
well, I just gave you a full tank of gas.  God Bless you.

That little picture of a fuzzy had made my day!  Somehow, even though I was
not going to get back to my family and fur kids, I had a little 'fuzzy'
close by to look at, and that night it was just what I needed.

If one of you out there in FML land attended the Kissemmee show and lost
your Ferret Time magnet before you got it home, I want to thank you for
the sunshine you brought to me at a time when I really needed a smile.

[JY]