From:
Tom Landry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 23:43:44 -0500
    My brother made a neat discovery about ferrets, well at least about my
ferret Kramer.  It was bath day and he took the initiative to give Kramer a
bath.  This time he actually filled the bath tub and put Kramer in.  Well to
the surprise of all of us he floated.  If he tried he could touch the bottom
but for the most part he floated on his own.  All he had to do was hold his
head up.  He would pull up his back legs and swim with the front legs.  He
was nervous at first but quickly calmed down and acted as normal as a
floating ferret could.  This was also a good way to drownd all the fleas.
After he was clean and the fleas were gone we took him out and dried him
off.  He went into his usual hyper after bath mode, which is always fun to
watch.  If any one elses ferrets float let me know.  I am interested if this
is something that is unique or if all ferrets are just as bouyant.

Tom Landry and Kramer