Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:29:29 EDT
Hello everyone,

Our signature count is now at 28,000 plus.  I know there are some of you
out there that have some large numbers and it would help if you could send
in what you have so we can count and bundle them.  Keep collecting these
until August 29th or so but please get them to me by August 31st so I can
make a final count.

On Wednesday Sept. 5th two dedicated friends and ferret fans and I (both
are triathletes so I'll be in the rear) are going to bike the petitions
symbolically (the petitions are going to be in a truck) to Sacramento from
the East bay.  I don't know how far that is, I'm afraid to look on a map,
but I've been trying to train for this ride during the summer.  I haven't
ever ridden that far by miles, and I don't even own a road bike.  I have
a crossroads-type bike, but it's a really, really nice one and since it's
flat once you get past the East Bay hills (I hope) and I've been riding in
the hills here, I think I should make it ok (I hope!).

We'll publish the route and our starting point and estimated arrival time
at Sacramento and at key destinations say 30, 20 and 10 miles outside
Sacramento in case any ferret fans want to bike in with us.

Or, you might be a whiz bicyclist and want to join from the begining.  If
so, just let me know!

Jeanne

Great going on the petitions folks.  Please keep going and perhaps we can
break the 30K mark, or who knows......

Jeanne

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization