Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:37:59 -0500
Sukie wrote:
>Lupron: There is one on-going study to see if it might slow growth of a
>tumor (with early indications that it might), and another to see if it
>might reduce the chances of a second one developing.  (I don't know how
>formal either study is or if publication is the goal, but each is by a
>ferret vet.)  In addition, controlling some the symptoms often improves
>quality of life, so from that regard it might be called a treatment even
>though surgery is certainly preferable.  That help?

Yes mostly, thank you.  That does lead to one other question, though.  If
Lupron is controlling the symptoms, are those only the external symptoms
(such as fur loss and swollen vulva), or is it also controlling other
symptoms that may be happening internally (excluding the possibility of
slowing the tumor's growth)?

Shannon
Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin