From:
Tony O'Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 14:11:05 -0000
This is where a group like this comes in handy as not all the group member
use expensive dry ferret food.  I for one use a cat breeders mix and have
done for quite a few years, yet none of my ferrets suffer from any diet
deficiency.

Any kittens I breed have a choice of raw meat or dry cat food at every
meal, from all the records I keep on my ferrets, I have found that by the
age of 10 to 12 months the kits are starting to go off the raw food.  I
keep getting told by some UK ferret owners on the Internet, that the cat
breeders mix is not a good diet for ferrets, so this winter I tried to
feed all my ferrets on raw mince, it was a waist of money as it ended up
being fed to my dogs.  My oldest ferret at the moment was born 27 th
February 1990, this was an accident as I did not expect my jills to come
into season until the end of February

I have also been talking to a University Professor of Zoology , who
agrees with how I feed my ferrets and according to him, adult ferrets
actually benefit from a lower protein diet.

If you wish to see any of my ferrets take a look at the three sites below,
and make up your own minds.

http://uk.profiles.yahoo.com/houseferrets13uk
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/house-ferrets
http://communities.msn.com/MyNorwegianFerretFamily/tonystale.msnw

Any one who wishes to reuse this article should seek my approval first
and use it in its entirety
Written by Ant / Tony O'Sullivan .SMWR inc. NHFA, UK