From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 21:10:34 -0500
Dear Diane K:

>what can be done to stabilize a sick fuzzie until you can drive that
>distance for help??

In most cases, keeping a sick ferret quiet and warm and getting to a vet
quickly is the most important.  I often encourage ferret owners to learn
to give subcutaneous fluids - they can be a life-saver in some situations.
But each emergency is different - it is difficult to give advice that fits
every situation.

>I would appreciate it if Dr. Williams or anyone else could tell me if
>there are any vets in a two miles radius that could help in an emergency.

That may be a tall order - you only mention that you live in NE
Pennsylvania - I'm not quite sure which two mile radius you are talking
about.  Plus two miles is a fairly small area - perhaps you may want to
increase the radius by a factor of ten?  Twenty miles is probably a
better bet.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM