From:
Charleen Schuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:38:34 -0700
Hi Everyone,

I had to post about my Husky, Keshia.  I wonder If I am the only one that
has a husky that loves my three cats, and my ferrets.  Although I would
never leave Keshia alone with my ferrets, she loves to play push them away
on the bed.  I actually think the ferrets would hurt her before she would
hurt them.

They have bitten her nose on occasion when they are playing with her.
She actually doesn't just like my cats she loves them, especially Sierra.
Keshia and Sierra even kiss each other and they love to snuggle together.
Sierra will come up and rub againest Keshia just like she does humans.
They will sleep together, when Keshia decides to take a nap in the house,
which is not often.  I found Huskies don't really like spending much time
in a house.  They prefer to be outdoors no matter what the weather is!  We
rescued Keshia about 7 years ago from the Humane Society.  Even at the time
of her adoption we knew she liked cats!  I think she must have been raised
with cats when she was a baby.  She likes all cats, dogs, ferrets, humans.
I doubt there is any animal that Keshia wouldn't try to nurture!

Well, its been a busy week at the WFA shelter, we seem to get more ferrets
into the shelter daily.  Last night a little male chocolate sable was
brought to us, he was one of the ones that we rescued out of the Petco a
month ago.  We had to hand feed him for over a month before he was ready go
back to the Petco, He found a home immediately but after being at his home
for a week he became sick and was taken to a vet and was at the hospital
for a week or so.  They still are not sure what was wrong with him, all
they could come up with he must have a virus.  So the owner called us back
and ask us to take him back and try to get him healthly again.  He is one
skinny little ferret, nothing like what he looked like when we took him
back to Petco.

I also have two more Petco ferrets that I am hand feeding because they were
not doing good at Petco, these two are from the same litter that came into
Petco at 3-4 weeks old.

We got a call last night from a women saying that she wants to give up two
babies to us that she got from Petco just recently, didn't know how much
work baby ferrets were they are being kept in a barn in Kent,Washington.

So if anyone is looking for ferrets in the Seattle, Wa area, we seem to
again be getting a lot of ferrets into the shelter.  Do need to find homes
for all these ferrets.  Our shelter is again getting full!

Charleen Schuster
WFA/shelter