From:
Al Gearhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 14:54:24 -0400
Thanx to all those who have posted about Mazuri feed.  I am going to try to
get a 1# bag from FerretWare and try it in my mix.  I don't think anyone
reported to me that their kids didn't like it.  If getting that fails, I
suppose I could buy the 25# bag and offer sample bags for others to try?

For Nico, I hope that Kelleen got your 'cocoa' and sent it along to your new
home.  Daisy and Luke seem quite happy that I am not trying to get them to
eat it anymore.  I bought a box of Bil-Jac kitten food to add to the mix and
they seem to like it.  Current mix also includes IAMs and NutroMax Kitten.

On the subject of litter...awhile back someone gave me a few large bags of
some type of alfafa pellets that were for use in the bottom of bird cages.
I stored them out back wondering what use I would ever have for them.  I
have given some away to friends to use, but was still left with much.  The
recent discussion on the list woke me up to the possibility of using it in
the litter trays.  Works for me.  Neither of my two seem interested in
eating it either.

Having just recd my "pet ferret owner's manual" from FerretsAnon in CA
(619-584-8427) i found Dr.  Bell's book to be very informative.  I think it
is well worth the price for the pictures alone.  I do have some question as
to why she would recommend the use of CEDAR though.  On page 26 she states
it "has a faint cedar smell that does not appear to bother ferrets." On page
49 she says, "Cedar litter is not toxic for ferrets and no allergic
reactions have been reported." Does she know something we don't, or is she
mistaken?