From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 06:49:32 -0800
Sorry I didn't answer right away things been real busy and I was behind on
FML's.

My Lightstar just had a very large spleen removed the end of Dec..  When the
vet examined him he felt a large mass in his tummy.  Later I felt it and
could easily feel a large rather hard mass that seemed about the size of an
elongated hard boiled egg.  I'm sure it depends on the size of the spleen
what exactly it will feel like.  Even so the vet could not be positive it
even was the spleen until he went in.  He said it was in that area but was
soooo large he could not say for sure it was the spleen and not something
else.  So always the best thing to do in diagnosing an ailment is to visit a
ferret knowledgeable vet.  You can never diagnose a ferret yourself and be
sure you've diagnosed the right thing.  Besides the fact that if there is a
real problem you will need proper medications, surgery etc...  So pay the
price and take your babies to the vet because you and they deserve the best
of care.  Those good, wonderful vets earn every cent they charge and are
well worth it to save the lives of troubled ferrets.

I have a question for all.  I thought the correct terms would be neutered
for males and spayed for females, am I wrong?

          Kelleen & The INSANE Animal House