From:
Heather Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:15:21 PST
>From:    "Sonam D." <[log in to unmask]>>Subject: tea tree shampoo
>My short answer to those interested, is NEVER, NEVER us either "human"
>shampoos or soaps, nor cat, dog or other pet shampoos on your Ferret.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL,

HI!
Ya know.....im going to have to agree with some others on this issue.  I
have tried so many shampoo's on my ferrets to get rid of the dry skin and
dry coats.  The first I tried was Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo and
that has turned out to be the best for my ferrets.  I tried others...just
to see...and then i did research into why Johnsons was working the best.
Johnson's formula is specifically made for baby's hair which is MUCH
different from adult hair.  Baby's hair is very oily and therefor Johnsons
shampoo is actually stripping the hair of its oils because it is way!! to
much.  This is what makes the hair so soft.  This is also why Johnsons
does not recommend Adults using their shampoo.....Adult hair is not as
oily, therefore does not need these specific ingredients.  Now, johnson's
has recently come out with new shampoo formulas that adults can use as
well...but my post is geared towards the original johnson and johnson baby
shampoo.

of course, this is just MY opinion! hehehehhehe

Dukes to all!!!

Heather Collins