From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:24:18 +0800
Eleanor wrote:
>I have another question about feeding raw or natural, especially chicken.
>What will happen to raw feeding when the bird flu strikes here?  From
>what I hear on the news, it is expected to strike within approximately
>6 months.  Just curious.  Have been thinking of feeding raw (not live)
>but do not want to switch yet, due to the worry of the bird flu.

Good Question Eleanor.  Fortunately there are "other than bird" items
that ferrets can enjoy, eg rabbit, lamb and lamb offal, mice and
rats.  Some good things about chicken are that it's usually available,
affordable and the ferrets can actually eat many of the bones.  Because
raw chicken meat is easily digested and doesn't have a very strong
flavour, it's a useful tool" for the switching procedure.  Can you
still have a natural diet without it.  Yes.

 :-)

Shirley