From:
"David J. Ellis - COHESION SEE Engineering, + 603 434 3094" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 1995 10:33:55 EDT
Regarding color of wild European ferrets. I grew up in the South West of
England and never came across anything we referred to as "wild ferrets".
We had things called "stoats", "weasels" and very rarely a "pine martin".
Only the "stoats" were pale. At best they were a dark, off-white in
winter but still more pale brown than white.

Regarding descenting, we have one non descented female. She doesn't smell
any worse that the others. Twice in the last year she has let fly
when she got frightened and that has cleared within half an hour.
Don't descent. Its not necessary IMHO.