From:
Brian Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 1995 20:51:22 18000
Hi folks,
I am a new subscriber to the Ferret Mailing List.  Lorilei and I have
two (one boy and one girl) named Ebenezer and Mazzy.  Both are about 11
months old.

So far, this list has been incredibly helpful...I can't tell you guys how
much worrying, time, and money you have saved us.

My current concren is this:  Lorilei (my fiance') is pregnant.  We have
heard from various sources (folk wisdom, doctors, books) that expectant
mothers should avoid cat litter/cat feces at all costs, because they can
cause complications -- namely, they are a carrier of toxoplasmosis.  I
need to know if the same holds true for ferret feces as well.  So far, I
have not been able to find out ANY information on this topic.  Could a
breeder or vet on the list perhaps shed some light on this mystery?
Lorilei wants to know if she can continue to safely change their litter
pan.

Thanks,
Brian Gallagher