From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:29:20 -0500
Balasz writes:
>they have been on a diet since the first day.  (I don't starve them,
>they get more vegetables and fruits

There is the cause of the high ALT readings.  See my other post.  BTW,
why are you giving them fruits and vegetables?  Ferrets are obligate
carnivores.  You don't want to give them those things.

Samanatha, meningitis is rare in ferrets, but yes it does happen.  You
will find some info in
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org
on ferrets with it and approaches used when it is suspected.