From:
Emily Classon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 08:48:42 -0400
HI, I had another question about our new ferrets.  I know that they respond
to smells and will continue to go to the bathroom where the smell is.
However, do they also go from memory?  Nietra (our silver mitt) has been
using the litter box quite well but sometimes goes over near her food.
We've cleaned the litter box, in case she found it too smelly but still left
some dirty stuff in there.  I'm just wondering if she continues to go near
the food because she remembers it.  We have cleaned that area to remove the
smell as well.

Also, we've recently moved them from the shelter (and they were only there a
short time).  They are still having sort of looser and greener stools.
Someone told me that it could be dehydration if it keeps up.  However, they
appear to be eating/drinking/playing.  Could it still be the stress?  BTW:
these ferrets were believed to have been neglected or abused by previous
owners.

Thanks,

Emily